To improve the performance in the race it is important to use a running shoes a lightweight, comfortable, flexible, airy and appropriate to the type of footfall, which can be evaluated when you buy the shoes in the store. In addition, the shoes should be replaced every year if used more than 3 times per week.
5 other tips to improve the performance in the race include:
- Plan workouts: fitness coach can establish an individual plan with different techniques of endurance, strength or speed in the race according to the objectives, but there are apps for the phone that can help those who want to start running in the street.
- Breathe properly: breathe in, breathe for 3 strides and exhale for 2 strides (ratio 3:2). This allows that during expiration are used the feet staggered, avoiding the risk of injury. In addition, it is important to use the abdominal breathing that uses the diaphragm instead of chest breathing, since it allows that to be picked up more oxygen;
- Strengthen the muscles of the legs, abdomen and back: doing strengthening exercises of the muscles allows that to occur better absorption of the impact of each stride, increasing the energy to the next stride and prevent injuries;
- Do warming up before the race:start for a walk, progressively increasing the speed. This increases the temperature and optimizes the working muscle, preparing the body for the race;
- Make a correct eating:before training, ingest carbohydrates to provide energy to the body, during training drink water, sports drinks or coconut water and after the workout, consume protein to promote muscle growth.
Another way to improve the performance of the races is not to let any injury get worse. Even the muscle soreness that comes after a workout should be eliminated to decrease the risk of the formation of points trigger that will cause pain and discomfort, compromising the next workout.
A great way to combat the pain in the post workout is to do a self-massage in the sore. You can use the hands and even a ball of tennis, but for a massage, deeper, and therefore more efficient, you can use the foam roller, which is a roll of hard foam which serves to massage deeply the muscles and tendons, especially after a heavy workout. See what exactly is this foam roller and the step-by-step of how to use it to combat the pain caused by the iliotibial band and on the back.
In addition to all these tips, it is also important not to smoke because smoking impairs the absorption of oxygen by the alveoli, decreasing the performance of the race.