Children can and should do physical activity regularly because exercises improve your intellectual development, leaving the more clever and intelligent, and also their motor development, by strengthening the bones and increasing the elasticity.
Healthy children do not need to go to the doctor before you start practicing the exercises, however if your son, grandson or nephew you have health problems such as rhinitis, sinusitis, heart disease, or you are below the weight, the pediatrician should be consulted before starting the activity.
5 benefits of physical activity in childhood
Thus, the main benefits of physical activity include:
1. Stronger bones
The best exercises to practice in childhood are the ones that produce some impact such as running or football, because as soon as there is a better bone development, in a short time, which reduces the risk of osteoporosis in adulthood, which may reflect even years later, in menopause.
2. Children higher
Physical activity helps children’s growth, because when the muscles are contracted the bones respond by getting bigger and stronger, and that’s why active children tend to develop better and are more high, when compared with those that do not do any type of exercise and only staying in front of the computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
3. Decreased risk of physical inactivity in adulthood
The child who learns to enjoy exercise from an early age, either by taking swimming lessons, ballet or football game, you have less chances of her becoming an adult sedentary, thus improving their quality of life by decreasing the risk of heart problems and events such as heart attack or STROKE.
4. Improves self-esteem
Children who do more exercise have better self-esteem, are happier and confident and also like to share their achievements and feelings, so adults are healthier than those who are sedentary. The ease with which they show what they feel during the classes also help parents and teachers understand their frustrations, facilitating a daily basis.
5. Maintenance of proper weight
Practicing yoga from early childhood helps in maintaining ideal weight and is useful for anyone who is within the weight and especially for anyone who needs to lose a bit of weight because the caloric expenditure of the exercise contributes to the burning of the fat that may be already accumulated inside of your small blood vessels.
8 Best exercises to practice in early childhood
Every physical activity is welcome and, therefore, the parents and the child can choose together what activity she will participate, taking into account the type and physical characteristics of the child, because not all has the ability to everything. Some good options are:
- SwimmingImproves breathing and cardiovascular conditioning, but as it has no impact on the bones, swimming does not increase bone density
- Ballet:Ideal to improve posture and increase flexibility of muscles and joints, promoting a slender body and elongated
- Running:itStrengthens more the bones the swimming
- Artistic gymnastics:Have much impact, strengthening bones
- Judo and Karate:it Teaches to respect the rules and to well control the movements, as it has good impact is great for strengthening bones and stimulating the growth
- Jiu-jitsu: Due to the physical touch, the closeness with the other and the need of look in the eyes of the partner during practice the child becomes more confident and is less shy
- Basketball: The quique of the ball helps strengthen the bones of the arms
- Football:How to includes a lot of the race, it is a great exercise to strengthen the bones of the legs
Children can do weight training, since that does not go to the gym more than 3 times per week and do not take more than 0.5 kg, doing many reps of the same exercise. So, the parents who love and practice bodybuilding does not need to be afraid of enrolling their children in academies, provided that the exercises are guided by competent professionals and are aware of the errors that can be committed during the execution of the exercises.
The most common risks during the practical exercises in the childhood involve:
- Dehydration: Due to the difficulty of regulating its body temperature, so it is more likely that it is dehydrated, if you do not take liquids during the activity. Therefore, it is important for every 30 minutes of activity to be offered to the child a little bit of water or natural fruit juice, even though it has not thirsty.
- Bone fragility in athletes: The girls that make the activity more than 5 times per week, over the years, contrary to what is thought, may have higher bone fragility due to reduction of estrogen in the bloodstream.
When the child follows the recommendations of the drink fluids during workouts, if you protect from the sun, and avoid the hottest hours of the day the risk of dehydration will be drastically reduced.
Transform the physical activity classes in the moments of pleasure rather than hours of training for athletes has more benefits during childhood because in addition to not require too much of your psychological, there is less risk of brittle bones and brittle due to excess physical activity.
Frequency ideal week
Children have less capacity to produce lactate, and therefore are not in pain, nor with those tired muscles hours after you do the exercises, nor the next day and also not feel cramps as occurs in adults. Thus, they have more ease to play sports every day, and the easier it is for them to become athletes.
However, it is not advised that children have practice more than 5 times per week, being the ideal train only 2 or 3 times per week, and only children over 12 years is that they should be encouraged to participate in competitions, such as athletes kids.